Former vp Joe Biden has picked Senator Kamala Harris of California to be his working mate, a historical transfer that can make her the primary lady of colour to be nominated through a big birthday party in a U.S. presidential election. Harris, considered one of Biden’s hardest opponents within the Democratic number one race, were observed as one of the most likely alternatives all the way through the months-long vetting procedure.
I’ve the good honor to announce that I’ve picked @KamalaHarris — a fearless fighter for the little man, and some of the nation’s best public servants — as my working mate.
— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) August 11, 2020
Here’s the place Harris has mentioned she stands on primary problems:
- On paid circle of relatives go away: In October 2019, she unveiled a plan that might give new folks six months of paid go away, a lot more than maximum employers give now.
- On breaking apart Big Tech: Considering her house state is California, Harris has treaded carefully on that matter, preventing in need of calling for a complete breakup of Big Tech corporations such as Facebook and Google. At the similar time, she’s known as on Twitter to ban President Trump from the platform. And in 2018, she did not let Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg off easy when she wondered him on information privateness.
- On equivalent pay: During her presidential marketing campaign final 12 months, she unveiled a plan that might power corporations to end up they pay women and men similarly, and wonderful them after they don’t.
- On pressured arbitration: After Fast Company reported that JPMorgan Chase was once reinstating a pressured arbitration clause for its bank card shoppers, Harris wrote a letter to the corporate’s CEO, Jamie Dimon, tough he opposite the transfer.
- On employees’ rights: Last 12 months, she introduced legislation that might necessarily lengthen complete employees’ rights to home employees.
- On coronavirus reduction: She desires to come up with extra assessments! Harris was once considered one of a handful of senators who counseled the concept stimulus assessments must be per 30 days.