Slack is now letting you select when you get notifications on a per-day foundation, which means you can in the end forestall getting Slack pings over the weekend.
Previously, Slack let you set when you had been “to be had” to obtain notifications, however the ones personal tastes would additionally roll over to the weekends. That supposed you may just get Slack distracting and pointless notifications on your laptop or telephone whilst you had been taking part in an differently lazy Sunday.
Now, even though, you’ll be capable to set when you are comfy getting notifications however activate a blanket no-notification coverage for weekends (or whichever days/occasions paintings best possible for your time table) if you need.
When you have notifications became off, you’ll be in Slack’s Do Not Disturb (DND) mode, which means different customers in your Slack workspace will see somewhat “z” directly to the dot subsequent to your identify indicating your standing. While in DND, if you open Slack, you’ll nonetheless see crimson badges on channels the place you or a key phrase of yours is discussed and for any direct messages, however you gained’t obtain a notification about the ones messages. (If they want to, even though, other folks can nonetheless ship you a notification whilst you’re in DND by means of direct messaging you and forcing Slack to ship one.)
If you need to extra finely-tune your Slack notifications, right here’s how to take action.
On the desktop app:
- Click at the arrow close to your Slack group’s identify, then mouse over “Pause notifications.” In the menu that pops up, click on “Set a notification time table.”
- In the menu that opens up, below the “Allow notifications” header, there shall be a dropdown menu that shall we you make a selection if you need to permit notifications each day, most effective on weekdays, or on a customized time table. There also are dropdown menus to let you select what occasions you’re adequate getting notifications.
On the cell apps:
- Tap the “You” icon at the far-right of the toolbar, after which faucet “Notifications”
- In the Notifications menu, faucet on “Notification Schedule.”
- Next, faucet on “Allow notifications,” and you’ll be in a position to make a choice if you need to get notifications each day, most effective on weekdays, or on a customized time table.
That’s it! And as soon as you’ve arrange your personal tastes, they will have to sync throughout your gadgets. Hopefully, customizing those settings can cut back the collection of notifications you get when you don’t need to get them, and you can experience weekends freed from Slack notifications.